For moms who balance their busy schedules between work and household chores, time is essential. Every minute counts because something as short as 15 minutes can become meaningful time well spent with their kids.
During the rainy season, it is extra challenging for moms to think of activities to do with their kids because doing anything outdoors is almost always out of the picture. With the limited time combined with the uncooperative weather, this significantly reduces their choices in making memorable experiences.
Understanding the struggle moms go through to spend quality time with their kids, leading paracetamol brand Calpol shares activities that will brighten the gloomy mood. Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity to keep things fun and interesting in a short period of time.
1. Be creative together. Allow your kids to express their ideas through art. Teach your kids resourcefulness by making use of old materials like piled-up newspapers or used gift wrappers. You might unlock the hidden artist in your child.
B does diamond painting and we sometimes race each other to see who has more progress between the two of us. I'm faster but his work is better as you can see below.
|B's diamond painting|
2. Cook heartwarming recipes. Research easy-to-do recipes online and create wonders in the kitchen together. Nothing beats warm meals during a storm. This will also teach kids proper nutrition as well as useful life skills.
Since I'm not a great cook yet, I have been teaching B the basics. I've seen a lot of millenials who can't even boil water so teaching him basic things like ramen and making sandwiches should count for something right? Haha.
3. Play games. Introduce your kids to classic pastimes away from their phone or tablet screens. Teach your kid how to play chess, or work on a picture puzzle together. Gather the family for a quick round of Snakes and Ladders, Scrabble, Monopoly, or other board games. Build a fort with pillows and blankets and expand their imaginations.
4. Be one with music. Learn the latest dance moves or sing along to popular tunes. Have fun in making your own choreography or composing a family hymn. Or play a dance game or two on the console.
B has given up on me with this one. I'm truly a Mom coz I don't know the latest dance move and songs. He often shakes his head and laughs at me. Haha.
5. Have storytelling time. Visit different worlds and meet new characters through the pages of a book. Take turns with your child mimicking voices and pretending to be heroes or villains off to save the world.
6. Do chores as a family. Turn a chore into a fun activity by injecting it with a challenge. See who can put all the toys or laundry in the basket the fastest, or who can fold the most number of clothes on a time limit.
While you’re having fun with your child, don’t forget to keep them protected. This season also leaves children vulnerable to cough, colds, and fever. And when kids get sick, your special moments are cut short.
To help moms recover the lost time and missed chance to spend time with their kids, Paracetamol (Calpol) offers fast and efficient fever relief. Its suspension formula starts to work on fever in 15 minutes* (at 15m/kg dosing) and is gentle on your child’s tummy.
Now I'd like to do a giveaway. There will be 3 winners of a Paracetamol (Calpol) giftpack which I will ship out to the winners. All you need to do is comment below how you make 15 minutes an unforgettable bonding experience with your kids. Please don't forget to put in your email address so I can email you if you won.