Nick Vujicic, motivational speaker and spreader of the word of God was born without arms and legs but he had a vision, a desire, and the heart and mind which he used to pursue his gift and vision. He did not allow the fact that he had no arms and legs to stop him. Instead, he used this disadvantage to make himself better.
He believes that hope is priceless. He believes that everyone has a purpose. He does not believe that he is limited; on the contrary, he believes that he is limitless. He was told that he could never walk and now he surfs. He puts his focus on something and does not allow himself to accept failure. He tries and tries and tries until he eventually succeeds.
We all have disabilities; disabilities of the heart. The heart, the mind, and the spirit need to work together and when that happens, the possibilities become limitless despite any perceived disabilities.
- Family is more important than any business or money making scheme. Nick said that he would rather be poor than be rich by lying. He values his family more than anything. He had over 1000+ unread text messages but when he has dinner at home with his wife, he doesn't get to be on the phone. Family comes first.
- You are beautiful just the way you are. Nick Vujicic has no arms and legs and I tell you, when he was placed on stage, he was the most beautiful thing that you would see. He was just so full of life.
- If you're not happy single, you won't be happy with someone else. You need to learn to love yourself to be happy.
- We are all perfectly imperfect. Nick Vujicic sees himself that way and we should too. We have arms and legs or may have imperfections but really, if he can see himself as being perfectly imperfect, how can we not? The man has no arms and legs for crying out loud.
- Believe in God. Everything happens for a reason and God will never let anything happen to you if it wasn't meant to happen to you.
I went home with a new sense of possibilities and hope for myself and my family that we can recover from the slump we are in ... that the future is bright ... and that everything is possible. I went home believing and knowing that indeed, there are limitless possibilities. We just need to claim them, want them hard enough, and be willing to fail and fail until we succeed.
All things are possible if the heart, mind, and spirit will be one.
▸ blog | http://lifeiskulayful.com
▸ instagram | http://instagram.com/mskathykenny
▸ pinterest | http://pinterest.com/mskathykenny
▸ facebook | http://facebook.com/mskathykenny
▸ twitter | http://twitter.com/mskathykenny