It has been a long time since I last posted a weekend reflection. I deviated from doing so because the last few weeks have been a bit stressful and I felt like almost all my reflections would be not too nice. This week, things have taken a turn for the I don't know what. The ex's family is hounding me for more money that I should pay (take note: I am willing to pay but only the right amount.) They want more.
I am amazed at how blind I was to who they really were. The parents are plastic creatures who pretend to be nice to everyone but secretly stab them in the back once they are turned around. I should know. I listened to them gossip about these people and say bad things about them. The sister looks like Maria Clara but is the exact opposite. Different guys take her home but she never lets the ones who have a car drop her off in front of her house. If there was nothing to hide, why do you need to be dropped at the corner of your lot and then walk towards the house?
And the ex ... the ex is just worthless.
They have taken the matter of money to our local baranggay. I am apprehensive but I know that I can face them because I did not do anything wrong to any of them. I was the victim but now, I refuse to be a victim. I wonder what new thing will happen in this never ending saga.
Some things I have learned in the past few weeks:
- Love can be shown even without material things. Love is about spending quality time together and really making an effort for the other person.
- We do not become a victim by choice but we can choose to stop staying a victim.
- My brothers are good men. They help friends who need them and they have almost always made the right choice. Thank God.
- My family will always be my family no matter what.
- I have really good friends.
- My son is adorable and sweet but can be really stubborn at times.
- I am lucky to have a job, no matter how stressful it is.
- My iPod rocks.
People we love make each day worth living.ReplyDelete