If you love a clean and tidy household, it is without a doubt a fact that you would clean your household a lot. Have you ever noticed a phenomenon where as soon as you finish cleaning up your household, you look around and everything needs a second run? Don’t worry today in our list we will tell you about 10 things that once cleaned, they won’t bother you for a complete 365 days. So, if you want to know about all these tips find out here with us.
- Cleaning outside of the glass window: This is a common chore when it comes to cleaning glass windows from the inside of the house. But, cleaning it from outside is a bit tough because reaching to the very top of the frame is not as easy as it looks. So, if you are not in a mood to do this chore by yourself then calling a Pro cleaner is the best option. Otherwise, if you want to get it done by yourself then follow these steps.
First, pick up a brush or a vacuum cleaner and clean all the dirt off the frame. Once the dirt is gone, use a spray cleaner for the extra shine. After that, wipe the frame in a horizontal movement with a lint-free cloth until it gets dry.
- Dust off your drapes and curtains: As these things require cleaning only once a year, the fabric becomes home to a lot of dust. So, to get them cleaned again you can use your laundry machine with a washing powder that is not harsh on the material of the fabric.
Otherwise, you can take these articles to a local dry cleaner and they will get the cleaning work done for you. Carolyn Forte, Cleaning Lab’s director, says that there is one more prospect to keeping your curtains clean and that is vacuuming. So, you can reduce some dust off these fabrics regularly by using a handheld vacuum.
- Clean your Dryer thoroughly: Washer and dryer are two things in our household that we use very frequent. In order to get the best results out of these appliances, cleaning them thoroughly once every year is very important. Forte explained that first; we should start with unplugging the appliance and then disconnect the duct. She added that after this, we should vacuum it thoroughly from in and out of all the ducts. There are a lot of tools such as long brushes and high-powered vacuum cleaners that will help you in this cleaning process.
- Make your Fireplace winter-ready: Every year before winter arrives, you need to get your fireplace all cleaned up. Start off the cleaning process with a vacuum cleaner to suck up all the ashes. Once you get rid of the ash remnants, use paper towels to clean any left out residue. Now, as for chimney, although you can clean the hearth and its surrounding area all by yourself, you must get the chimney cleaned and inspected by a professional.
- Clean the upholstered furnishings thoroughly: Cleaning your furniture yourself in the annual cleaning frenzy is a great exercise. But, Forte explains better plans for this task. She explained that it is far better to call in for some professional help.
- Cleanse Basement and Garage area: In most of the households, Basement and Garage are mostly used to store off several unclaimed items. This is why you need to check in annually for all the collection you have made. This way if you don’t require an article or two you can get rid of it.
- Deep clean house vents: Forte told us that vents are home to the dust particles. That is why it requires a thorough cleaning and inspection annually. She advises that for this, we can use the soft brush attachment of our vacuum cleaner.
- Dust off outdoor furniture: Experts say that spring is the best time to get out outdoor furniture cleaned up. In order to do this, we can use dish detergent. Just mix it up in a bowl of warm water and then wipe down the furniture with a sponge or a cloth. At last, a spray of water will do the trick.
- Clean your Dusty Carpet: Forte explained to us that normal vacuuming session is not enough to get the dust out of the carpet. For this activity, we need to get a high powered carpet cleaner. She added that hiring a professional to get your carpet cleaned every 12 to 18 months is the best option.
- Clear out the Gutters: Usually, gutters get clogged up by leaves and wood particles which prevent the water drainage function. In order to tackle this from happening, you can climb up your rooftop. Also, there is the option to hire a professional and get the entire blockage cleaned out of the vertical path of the Gutters.