2016 has been an awesome year.
I just had to say that. It really has been. It has been amazing and for the first time since 2004, this year has been the one where I shed the fewest tears and it was mostly because of friendships that did not survive.
Still, 2016 has been really awesome. Now I wanna list down the 12 things that made this year truly awesome because I wanna remember it years later.
1. PSST.PH happened. When I was first tapped to handle this web magazine, I was apprehensive but I remembered someone telling me that when an opportunity is presented to you, you grab it by the horns and then learn what you need to along the way and so I did just that. 10 months later, we are not as famous as other sites but we do have over 600,000 unique visitors already and I have a team of 22 strong who are all working hard in ensuring we deliver credible stories.
2. My sister had her church wedding which also happens to be the first wedding in our family. This was a momentous moment for all of us because it was the first.
3. Dinner while Cruising Manila Bay. This is the first time we went on a cruise and though it was only for a few hours, the happiness on my family's face was simply awesome.
|Photo taken using Fujifilm XA2|
4. Karl went to SG and pursue his dream. This photo was taken a minute before we started crying. Yes, we were happy to see him pursue his dream but we were sad coz he won't be around anymore. It's been 8 months and he's visited 2x. The goal for 2017 is to visit him in SG. Soar high my brother. You deserve it.
5. Les Miserables and Ian Veneracion
Yes, there were two awesome things in May so I had to list both down. My sister and I got to watch Les Miserables which I thought wasn't possible anymore because tickets have been sold out but guess what? They extended and we got the last 2 available seats. Yeah boy!
6. First out of the country trip - HONG KONG
It was my first time out of the country and I was alone. This was also a first for me so it was scary and exciting but guess what? My family (one in Bahrain, one in SG, the rest in Manila) all kept me company via Facebook Messenger so I never felt I was alone. It was AWESOME!
7. Brent celebrated his 11th birthday.
11. Palawan. Thank you so much Karl for this birthday gift!
12. Karl comes home for Xmas and New Year!
This year has just been really awesome. It saw the birth of PSST.PH, #lipsticklovebyK which has 64 posts to date, and even the addition of YouTube videos that I have made as well as my venture into tech. I may still be single but you know what? I would take all of this over a lovelife any day.
I have so many people who value and love me. Isn't that the greatest gift of all?
The great thing about remembering how awesome the year was is that it prepares you for a better year to come. Some people choose to focus on the negative, but that is not helpful, isn't it? So, appreciate the beauty of the year that was, and go create a better story, so that you will have a kick ass post by the next year's end.ReplyDelete
You had such an awesome year to look back from time to time. Also such nice experiences and firsts to inspire your 2017. Have a happy new year and I wish you and your family a blessed 2017.ReplyDelete
It is always good to look back and count your blessings. I can relate to how close your family is. Glad you experienced nice and fun trips this year. Cheers to more in the succeeding years :)ReplyDelete
Beautiful post! I was looking for inspiration for how to show my thankfulness for the past twelve months, and I found it! What a wonderful, heart-warming post. Thank you very much for sharing your joys with us! Congratulations also to your siblings, one for her wedding and the other for achieving his dream!ReplyDelete
There's much to be thankful for in 2016. I would rather look at the positive than the negative and end my year happy than sour. One of the goals I have is to also get my hair colored for the first time. Just not sure how I would look!ReplyDelete
Indeed, there is a lot to be thankful for in 2016. I love how everything you are mostly thankful for are the ones that is related with family. It's really heart warming. Congratulations also on being on your first trip abroad. After that one, there will be many more to follow :)ReplyDelete
- Me-An Clemente of http://yogoandcream.com
I love reading year-end personal posts like this. You had a lovely year and that pic of you and Ian hugging... can't help but smile (and envy you!) Hahaha. But anyway, happy holidays! May you have another wonderful year this coming 2017. :)ReplyDelete
Wow, looks like you had a very eventful 2016. Those milestones and travels sure are reason enough to celebrate. Here's wishing you an even better 2017, and who knows, you might just find a boyfriend this year! ;)ReplyDelete