I have been coloring since I was a kid. I went back to it when I was 19 because it turns out that I had insane mood swings and coloring helped stabilize it. However since coloring was really meant for children, I had to make do with the coloring books meant for kids which turned out to be bland when I was getting older.
To my delight, the last few months has seen an increase in new releases of Adult Coloring Books. Yes, you read that right. They now have coloring book for adults and the signs are very intricate and detail oriented. This one also encourages people to be more colorful in what pencils they use and even blend, shade, and what not.
I was INITIALLY happy about this. However, as with any "trend" people started getting into it, even people who we know deep in their hearts are not coloristas (people who love to color.) I joined several groups and was really happy to see how supportive people were of each others work. However, there were a few things that I kept seeing posted that really got to me and they are the following:
- My work is not that good. I feel horrible about it.
- I messed up the leaf. Oh woe is me.
- I hope my partner doesn't see my latest loot of pens and books.
- How come my photo doesn't gather as much likes as the rest?
- *insert photo of hundreds of pens* Oh I still need a lot. I only have a few.
|image not mine|