This explained why:
1. there was always a certain smell permeating that we could not pinpoint
2. there were clothes that have gone missing (found them in storage that were meant for floor cleaners)
3. our stomach always ached (the storage for our dishes was DISGUSTINGLY dirty)
Now because we have taken over cleaning, we've been using a lot of products that would help us out. I have learned so much from my Mom in how to clean oily dishes, slippery floors, and even tiles that have gone really dirtied and sullied.
I also learned of alternatives to popular products and even some organic ways to clean things. Since a couple of friends have asked for the list of products that I used at home, I decided to create this post.
Let's be clear. THIS IS NOT SPONSORED.
1. To clean oily dishes and pan, POUR HOT WATER first on it and let it sit for a few minutes. Do not immediately use liquid soap or dish paste.
Once the hot water has sat for a few minutes, you can rinse the dish or pan then use liquid soap on the dish or dish paste on the pan.
If the oiliness is still present, wash the dish 2-3x. This really is the only way you can get rid of the oil or grim. There's no shortcut to this but the hot water cuts it down by 75%.
That ad saying that ISANG PATAK is not true. Trust me. It's not.
2. To bring back dirty tiles to it's former glory, you can scub until your fingers are bare to the bones OR you can use Zonrox. Pour Zonrox on the tiles and leave it overnight. An alternative to Zonrox is Winrox. They have the same effect and Winrox is cheaper.
The next day, pour water to wash off the Zonrox and see your tiles come back to it's former glory. Then you can go ahead and do some light scrubbing and cleaning.
3. If you have dogs or cats and they are not litter trained, their pee or poo tend to leave a certain smell. Scoop the dirt or wash off the pee then pour detergent soap doused in water on the soiled spot. Leave it for 3 minutes then scrub. This guarantees that the smell will go away. You can also pour lemon or peppermint oil on the water or mop you will use to seal in the smell and leave the house smelling good.
4. If you're cleaning your toilet's nook and cranny, you can also use Mr. Muscle. Much like Zonrox, do the cleaning after taking a bath. Once you're done, you can put Mr Muscle on all the nooks and crannies of the bathroom and also on the sink edges and corners as well as the toilet bowl. Leave it overnight and rinse in the morning.
You will see that grime has dissipated and your bathroom will smell and look brand new.
Hope that helped you guys out. If you have questions on other cleaning things, just leave a comment down below.
These days, you also need to add Lysol because it is the only one approved by WHO to sanitize, disinfect, and clean the virus. Luckily, you can order Lysol from their official store on Shopee.
We have stocked up our homes with these items because of COVID-19. We also have the Lysol Antibacterial Hand Soap, Lysol Multi Action Cleaner, and the Lysol Germ Protection Hand and Body Wipes.
You can never be too sure nowadays so we stock up on Lysol products just to be sure. You can download the Shopee app via Google Play and App Store to take advantage of the 30% Off and Free Reusable Face Mask with min spend of P1299 on Lysol Products.
This post has been updated. Original upload date: August 19, 2019
These are great tips! Especially the last one. I haven't tried Mr. Muscle yet. I've been using pumice stone for the toilet bowl but it can't get to the bottom so I've been looking for a liquid one to do the job. I've tried Tuff but it was too tough that it damaged our toilet seat. haha. Had to buy a new one. Anyway, hope Mr. Muscle would work.ReplyDelete
You should try it. Our entire family swears by it.Delete
I live and swear by Lysol! I always have a huge supply of Lysol on stand-by! It's definitely my favorite cleaning product!ReplyDelete
I always use the hot water trick, my grandmother taught me that and I always use it. saved me tons of troubleReplyDelete
Very interesting, these are great tips. Thanks for the cleaning help!ReplyDelete
these tips and ideas for cleaning are definitely going to be very helpful and useful for every of reader..glad you shared these with us...great work though...ReplyDelete
I do use hot water for sure for many of the cleaning areas. And Lysol is on stand-by in every bathroom.ReplyDelete
All of these products look awesome! I use the Lysol spray around my house for various surfaces, as well.ReplyDelete
I've never heard of Zonrox or Winrox, but I'd love to try it. I know I am a huge fan of Lysol. It's been a favorite that I've grown up with even when I was a kid.ReplyDelete
I am so sorry for such a horrifying discovery! I am glad you go things taken care of. And I hope that if you have hired someone since it has worked out better for you.ReplyDelete
I would love to find the equivalent of your tile cleaners for American products. Right now my tile isn't bad, but I know I will be needing a good cleaner to keep it up.
Your experience with the stay out help seems so awful. Thanks for the tips,I will keep them in mind.ReplyDelete
These are great products! Lysol and zonrox are a staple in my household. Cleaning the house will never be the same without these amazing products!ReplyDelete
Lysol is definitely one of the brands for cleaning products, utensils and tiles! I have been using it for years and swear by its quality! I dont have a pet at home but i guess I'll keep one in the future so i'll keep the pet hygiene tips mentioned by you, handy!ReplyDelete
I have only used Lysol, it is really good, and I've been using it for years!ReplyDelete