I agree. You do only live once which is why I also believe that you need to save money while enjoying life. After all, the two are not mutually exclusive. This means you can save money and still enjoy life.
1. The moment you get your pay or allowance, set aside 20%. No ifs, not buts. If you received Php100, put away Php20. If you received Php1000, put away Php200. If you received Php10,000, put away Php2,000.
The moment you put that money away, forget about it. The only time that you will remember it is when you have a true blue emergency. Aside from that, FORGET ABOUT IT.
The remaining money is what you use to budget everything for your wants and needs.
2. Set aside a fixed amount on a weekly basis. We have what we call a paluwagan which is based on the number of Mondays in a month. For example, if you decide on Php300 a week, by the 2nd week of December, you will have Php5,000 saved.
If you decide to set aside Php1000, you will have Php50,000 by mid December.
3. Re-sell old items. If it's still in good condition but you do not need it anymore or want it, sell it and then whatever you earn from selling your old items, SAVE IT.
4. Trade with friends. They say that people with similar taste tend to group together. If this is the case with you and your friends or even family members, then trade clothing or items with them. You just need to make sure that your items are not worn out or looking frayed.
5. If you will buy a big ticket item, save 5x the amount that you need. This means that if what you are buying is worth Php50,000, you need to save Php250,000.
Simple really. The first reason is that it will measure how much you really want the item. The second is that if you are buying a big ticket item, it normally comes with maintenance. Maintenance costs money so you need to save not just to buy the item but also to have it repaired in case there is a need for it.
These are just simple tips but I hope they help you as much as it has helped me. Happy saving!
▸ blog | http://lifeiskulayful.com
▸ instagram | http://instagram.com/mskathykenny
▸ pinterest | http://pinterest.com/mskathykenny
▸ facebook | http://facebook.com/mskathykenny
▸ twitter | http://twitter.com/mskathykenny▸ youtube | https://www.youtube.com/c/KathyNgo