Sunday, October 29, 2017
Thoughts on my 37th Birthday
It's that time of the year again and the past year has taught me so much about myself. It showed me what I can put up with, what I am not willing to put up with, how far I can go for a friend, and what my limits are or hard stops.
For those who are interested, here is last year's post. 36.
I am thankful to be celebrating my 37th birthday with people who matter to me. Time and again, it is always with my family and people who have accepted me, flaws and all. I know that this has been a recurring theme on this blog but I really am just grateful for all of the blessings that I have and it's not even the material things but the gift of family, friendship, and love.
This year, I want to mention some lessons, things, hopes, dreams, and people who have made my life what it is now.
1. Forgive those who have hurt you. It is not for them but for yourself because you do not want the burden of hatred to be on your shoulders. It is heavy and unnecessary.
2. Say "I appreciate you" to people that you do appreciate. It may seem cheesy but what matters is that you told them and they know. Sometimes, words are just as powerful as actions.
3. For someone like me who is constantly on social media, I have learned again the value of just being in the moment. Yes, pictures are important but after snapping a photo, be in the moment and soak in everything.
4. Listen to music that makes you feel good or inspired. It will work wonders for your soul.
5. Cry. When you feel sad, hurt, angry, betrayed, or down ... CRY IT OUT. Crying is good for the soul as well because you release all the pent up emotions. Cry then move on.
6. Make it a point to make time for friends. A coffee here and there, a message, or just send something to remind them you care and that though you may be far apart, they matter. Everyone wants to be reminded that they matter.
7. This year alone, I have been to Hong Kong 2x, Malaysia 2x, visited Taiwan, Laoag, Cebu, Subic and before the year ends, I will also be going to Iloilo and Singapore. Travel seems to have taken a liking to me and I am falling in love with it. It is true that travel introduces you to sides of yourself that you never knew existed.
8. It is my 2nd year with PSST and from a mere 100 views we are now almost at 2M views in just 2 years. How time flies but this proves to me that when you are willing to do the hustle, you will reap what you sow.
9. Let go of the negative. When something or someone doesn't bring you anything positive or make you happy, let go.
10. Pursue your passions. Let it fuel your life.
11. Learn new things. As long as you are living, learn something new.
12. Friends. Real friends anyway. They remain and the fake ones are removed by God. They accept me for who I am, support me in my crazy dreams and ideas, and ground me when needed.
13. Family. Always with me and will never leave me. They will give me tough love because they love me.
14. Brent. No words.
15. God. He always has an answer and it is either yes, no, or wait. I have learned to have faith in his plans for me. Sometimes I attempt to negotiate but THY WILL BE DONE.
Thank YOU for everything. Cheers to a stronger 37th year.
PS. Special mention to D for being part of my 36th year and teaching me a valuable lesson in life. As I said, I do not regret meeting you for you showed me many things and taught me a lot of things as well as enabled me to do a lot. Also, I will be forever grateful for you accompanying my son.
Thank you for everything and for making my 36th year better. I wish you all the best.