There are some things in life that we want to know firsthand. There are things in life that we are okay with knowing along with other people. There are things in life that we don't want to be the last to know.
I was watching this TV show a couple of weeks ago and this singer sang "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" by a local artist. She sang it with such gusto that she moved me. I felt bad for her because she just broke up with her 3 year boyfriend and word was going aroung that he was seeing someone else.
I realized that there are some things in life that I do not want to be the last to know. It would be painful but even more so if everyone else knew save for you. That's adding insult to injury. Here's my list.
- being cheated on
- if the guy I am with no longer loves me, I want to know from him the moment he is sure he does not love me anymore
- if the guy wants out, just tell me
- if I have a terminal disease, I'd want to know so I can prepare what needs to be prepared and tell the people I love that I love them and do my "huling habilin" or last will
- if there is gossip going around about me, I want to know immediately
- if there is gossip about my family or someone saying bad things about them
- if I'm about to be let go from my work
For now that is all I could think of.