I've been hearing so much about Sky Castle that I finally bit the bullet and made time to watch it. I must say that I absolutely do not regret watching this.
It's different from the usual Kdrama that I would watch. This one did not center on a blossoming love between a man and a woman. Sky Castle is a story of a mother's love and determination to make her kid be a success.
Sky Castle is a series that should be watched by all parents. There are a lot of lessons that can be learned. Here are some that I can share without spoiling the drama for anyone who reads this.
1. Family is everything. There is no amount of success, prestige, and honor that would make up for the love of a whole family.
2. Greed will get you in trouble. When you want everything, you will be left with nothing.
3. True power comes from knowing who you are, what you live for, and what you stand for in life.
4. Your kids success matters but it should never be at the cost of their mental health and happiness.
5. A real partnership between a married couple matters in helping them get through anything.
6. Sometimes, you need to give tough love to make someone realize their mistake.
7. A group of girl friends will drive you crazy but they will also get you through tough times.
8. The butterfly effect is real. Our actions will always affect someone else.
9. Family will always be family. They may fight but in the end, they should fix thing because that's what a family does.
10. No man is an island. We all need other people's help and we should all be willing to help others too.
Sky Castle is quite emotional but it will remind you of what family is about and how sometimes, the persons we love the most can hurt us badly but in the end, we will forgive because that's what family does.