I've been obsessing about moments in the last 3 days and so I decided to merge it here in one posts. I will write about the moments that I am grateful for so that I can be constantly reminded that life is beautiful.
1. when my son was born ... I learned what unconditional love was about ... I know that even if for any reason he stops loving me, I will continue to love him no matter what
2. falling in love ... every moment that I fell in love has been beautiful. Realizing that I have the capacity to love and love again and again no matter how much I have been hurt is something that I am proud of. It means I have so much love to give that I can still do it even when other people won't anymore.
3. time with my family ... they make me insane at times but I will never change a single one of them. Okay, maybe I'll make them dote on me more but aside from that, its all good. I love my family. I am blessed to have them.
4. time with friends .... they are the ones who comfort me when things go crazy and I can't tell my family because things are crazy. They are the ones who wipe away my tears and make sure that I am able to stand again on my own two feet.
5. romantic moments ... I don't have as many as other girls would have but I am grateful for the few that I can remember and that I experienced.
- - - the first time I received flowers and realized it was for me. It was a pretty amazing feeling.
- - - having someone say I love you to you and believing them, believing that it was real
- - - the first time someone serenaded me, he sang "I Believe in Dreams" and played the guitar
- - - the first time someone hugs you, holds your hand, and kisses you ... always a great moment
- - - a first kiss where someone used that famous line from Romeo and Juliet about hands touching
- - - the first time someone who is not into hugging says he wants to hug you
6. moments that broke my heart ... I know that during the time my heart was broken, it did not bode well but now I know that its just to make me a stronger person and I shouldn't let it stop me from loving again. Of course the guy has to be worth it.
7. small and ordinary moments that most people take for granted
- - - small talks
- - - coffee time
- - - singing or dancing with friends
Fact is, I'm just happy to be alive and to experience all these things and more. Today, I'm grateful that I am still alive.