It has been 3 years since my heart broke into a million pieces. It took a very long time for me to truly get over that heartache but I finally did. In fact , after 3 years, I now feel ready to dip my toes in the water again and actually date someone ... perhaps even be in a relationship.
Last week, I met someone whom I thought could have been the one. We've been talking for about a month or so and have had 2 fights already which we actually resolved pretty fast. It was one of those things that I really liked ... being able to fight and quickly fixing it. However, it seems I was mistaken.
We had another fight because he missed our date and didn't make up for it. I felt that he should have and when I didn't see the effort I felt he should have exerted, I snapped and said hurtful things. I said that because I felt hurt as well. He didn't even bother to reply. So much for that then.
So here I am, at 1am in the morning, missing that jerk so much but I can't message him since I deleted his number and he doesn't have any social media. I prayed to God that if he wasn't the right one for me, God needs to take him away and it seems God did just that because he just disappeared.
So since Mr. Jerk has disappeared, I thought I'd make it easier for God to find my Mr. Right and send him to me. Perhaps even before I turn 36? I really have simple wants in my Mr. Right dear Lord and I hope that this is also the kind of man you would send over to me.
1. He needs to make me smile. I have a resting b!+(h face so making me smile is quite important. Also, with the many negatives in the world, wouldn't it be nice to have someone who constantly makes you happy. In return, I will also do the same for him. You know I can be pretty funny when I want to be.
2. He needs to accept my family and my son. This is a no brainer and a deal breaker.
3. He needs to be a little showy. I seek validation and I am very touchy and showy so if Mr. Right isn't, it might be awkward. I don't want someone who does extreme PDA but the Kdrama backhugs, holding hands, and chaste kisses in public would be pretty awesome.
4. He needs to have a life but I need to have a part in it. This means that he should be able to go on and live his life with his family and friends but at the same time, not completely forget me to the point where I wonder if I a simply an option.
5. He needs to have dreams because I have so many dreams of my own. I will be there to cheer him on and support him but he also must be ready to do the same thing with me.
6. Lastly, I need someone who puts me first over his pride. If he misses me, he will let me know. If we fight, he will choose to fix us rather than be right. If he wants to see me, he will make a way for it to happen. He needs to show me how much I really mean to him because I will do the same thing.
It's true that I yearn for the little surprise gift or bouquet of gerberas and stargazers but more than anything, I just want Mr. Right to treasure me and show me how much I really matter. I don't dream of someone who looks like my Kdrama idols but I do want someone who will make me feel like one of the leads in a Kdrama ... loved, treasured, and someone worth fighting for.
Hopefully Mr. Right is just around the corner. I'm finally ready to meet him and show him that I'm his Miss Right and that whatever we will have, we will have for the rest of our life.