He was born without arms and legs. He went through hating God, being depressed, and trying to kill himself all by the age of 10. He is someone who most people wouldn't even give a second thought about. After all, what can a man without arms and legs really do?
Nothing right? WRONG!
Nick Vujicic, motivational speaker and spreader of the word of God was born without arms and legs but he had a vision, a desire, and the heart and mind which he used to pursue his gift and vision. He did not allow the fact that he had no arms and legs to stop him. Instead, he used this disadvantage to make himself better.
He believes that hope is priceless. He believes that everyone has a purpose. He does not believe that he is limited; on the contrary, he believes that he is limitless. He was told that he could never walk and now he surfs. He puts his focus on something and does not allow himself to accept failure. He tries and tries and tries until he eventually succeeds.
We all have disabilities; disabilities of the heart. The heart, the mind, and the spirit need to work together and when that happens, the possibilities become limitless despite any perceived disabilities.
Beautiful things come from broken pieces when you give broken pieces a chance. #NickVujicicLiveInManila— MsKathyKenny (@mskathykenny) July 29, 2016
He was just so inspiring. It was crazy how he only talked for less than an hour and yet, it felt like he was talking for hours with the many wisdom he was able to impart. So here are the 5 things that I learned from him.
- Family is more important than any business or money making scheme. Nick said that he would rather be poor than be rich by lying. He values his family more than anything. He had over 1000+ unread text messages but when he has dinner at home with his wife, he doesn't get to be on the phone. Family comes first.
- You are beautiful just the way you are. Nick Vujicic has no arms and legs and I tell you, when he was placed on stage, he was the most beautiful thing that you would see. He was just so full of life.
- If you're not happy single, you won't be happy with someone else. You need to learn to love yourself to be happy.
- We are all perfectly imperfect. Nick Vujicic sees himself that way and we should too. We have arms and legs or may have imperfections but really, if he can see himself as being perfectly imperfect, how can we not? The man has no arms and legs for crying out loud.
- Believe in God. Everything happens for a reason and God will never let anything happen to you if it wasn't meant to happen to you.
All things are possible if the heart, mind, and spirit will be one.