What would you do if your life was cut off all of a sudden and after years of being a ghost, you were given the chance to be alive again for 49 days?
Were you happy with your life?
Were other people happy because of you?
In the series, these two questions are the question that God would ask of you and if you answer with yes to both, you can be reborn as a human once more.
Looking back on the last 39 years of my life, I can say that I am happy with my life now. I went through a lot because I craved love from someone who couldn't give it and turned away good advice because I thought I was too smart.
I have learned so many things in my life:
- Everything really happens for a reason. You may not like the reason but there is always a reason.
- Be thankful for what you have no matter how small.
- Before obsessing over something, ask yourself "will it matter in 5 years? 10 years?"
- Say I love you to the people that you love.
- Say thank you to those who do you good no matter how small.
- Pride has no room in a relationship, any relationship. If your pride matters more, then don't form relationships.
- If someone is always nice to you and never disagrees with anything you say, that person is not your friend.
- Be kind to animals.
- Show respect to the wait staff, security guards, trash personnel and the like. Life will be so hard without them and they deserve gratitude and respect.
- Love yourself. Never allow anyone to disrespect you or make you feel small.
- Keep only what you truly need and makes you happy. Let go of the rest: material, thoughts, other people.
- Indulge moderately. It's good to enjoy but one must also save for the rainy days.
- Give but leave something for yourself. Always.
- Never let anyone make you feel small or worthless. Remember that happy people don't go around hurting others.
- Always, always, always thank God and praise God.
Now, if I were to die tomorrow, here's what I want to say to the people that I love and those who matter to me.
- I love you. My life is better because you were in it.
- I forgive you. I know that you did not mean to hurt me but because we are humans, we fail and end up hurting people that we shouldn't.
- Please forgive me. I may have hurt you unintentionally and for that, I am sorry.
- Take photos. You never know if that's the last one.
- Treasure each moment.
- Have a bit more patience. It will never hurt to have a bit more patience
If I am given a week to live, here's what I would want to do:
- Record videos for my two sons so that in every milestone that they will, I'll have a video greeting. I will also make ones for those when they are heartbroken, broke, failed dismally, sad, and if they just need someone to cheer them on. I want them to know that I love them very much and that though I'm not there physically, I will still be there for them.
- I will video call every person that matters to me just to say thanks and to tell them how much I appreciate them.
- I will spend a day with my extended family.
- I will have dinner with my Mom, just the two of us. I will thank her for everything that she has done for me and I will apologize for the hurt that she will feel in my passing and all the other hurts that I have caused her.
- I will spend the remainder with my small family. I'll spend it with my sons and my partner. I will record our last moments so that when they no longer remember my voice or the way I speak, act, and laugh, they will have something to look at and remember me by.
If I am given the chance to come back to life for 1.5 months after some time, I will make sure they never see me coz it will just hurt even more when I die again.
How about you? What will you do?