Have you ever had a life can't wait moment? You know, that moment where you just had to grab the opportunity and seize the day regardless of whatever consequences it may give? I certainly have and I'm very happy to say that I did grabbed the moment. Some of them turned out to be the biggest mistake I've done while some gave me the biggest blessing.
Here are some of my life can't wait moments and what I've gotten from them in return.
1) modelling ... I was never one of the top models nor could I say that I was even remotely close to being one but I did have my fair share of modelling stints and I did get to see my face on a billboard, some ads, and had a few fashion shows. This is one of the first life can't wait moments for me since I used to be a scrawny teenager who wouldn't be caught dead wearing make up, stilletos, and a fashionista top.
Modelling has taught me self confidence and how to look your best even when you feel like rolling over and never getting up. It also taught me that even the most angelic face has something to hide and that not everyone is nice.
2) beauty pageants ... okay okay ... you can laugh now bu tyes I was part of this world too for a very limited time. At that time, I wasn't too happy about being one of those girls who had to be super perfect the whole time but looking back now, I am glad I was part of it because it helped me see things in a different light.
Pageants allowed me to see that though there are some who are merely beautiful and nothing else, it actually does take more than a pretty face to win a contest. It also involves a lot of discipline which I sadly don't have just to maintain appearances.
3) call center industry ... when I started in this industry, everyone kept saying that it was a suicide career. I had nowhere to go. I didn't listen to them and I'm glad that I didn't. It may not be the most ideal career one can possibly have but it brings home the bacon and I can say that I am darn good with it.
4) having a baby ... I was not ready to have one. I think I will never be ready to have one but along came the tornado and somewhere between changing poopy diapers and running around trying to catch him to get whatever he's stuck in his mouth, I've realized that he is the reason why I live; why I was born into this world.
5) getting out of my comfort zone ... right now I don't have work and I will be looking for a new one. I'm already a supervisor but I'm thinking of trying out for the entry level position again. Why oh why? It's not because I can't get a supervisory post ... its really more of feeling burnt out. I want to try working my way to the top in a new company. I want to challenge myself and see if I can do it. It's crazy but the idea is just there in my head. Think I should go for it?
What are your life can't wait moments?