When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. You realize that there are so many things that are not worth your time, your effort, and your emotions.
Things that used to rile you up will no longer have that power over you.
Things that used to hurt you will no longer be able to do so for a prolonged period of time.
Things that used to crush you will no longer be able to hold you down.
When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. You make peace with the fact that sometimes, things just happen. People will hurt you for no good reason. Life is unfair.
And all of that is okay.
- The friend who turned out to be envious of you
- The person you loved who did not appreciate you
- The people who barely know you but hate you
- The friend who wasn't a friend but pretended to be one to get dibs on you
- The naysayers who keep telling you you can't do it
- The bashers who try hard to put you down
- The relatives who only want to use you
- The family member who doesn't believe in you or belittles you
They will no longer matter because you know who you are. You know what you are capable of. You know the real you.
So their words, their thoughts, their ideas, and their very existence will no longer hurt you as much as they used to. It may sting but you can easily go past it. You can easily shake it off because you know the truth.
When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. And at the end of the day, this is all that matters.