My son and I have both been coloring for quite some time now. Lately though, with the emergence of the adult coloring craze, we have found a new source for our coloring addiction. Whereas we used to color with the kiddie coloring pages, we are now faced with more challenging pages that hone our
skills and test our patience.
Most days now when I am at home, this is what we do.
I love the whole aspect of the coloring thing because of so many things:
- It encourages you to focus. You need to concentrate so that you won't go over the line.
- It encourages creativity. You can color things in any way or form now. A dog doesn't necessarily need to just be brown, white, or black. You can color it shades of blue and it will look awesome.
- It encourages discipline.
- It helps you pass time productively. You can tear off the pages and frame it. It will make for a great personalized gift. You hit two birds with one stone.
- It's a great bonding moment between friends and family. I do it with my son and we end up spending hours with each other creating new things.
- It relaxes the mind. Since he started coloring once more, B has been more calm and less aggressive. The same goes for me.